THINKING OF GETTING A TATTOO?
5 Things to keep in mind
Since a few years,I had a fetish of getting a tattoo done for myself. But I used to just procrastinate it thinking about the normal things which any person in my situation would think of...(isn't it crazy, will my in laws approve of it, will it pain etc etc). But one fine day, I did overcome all my fears and notions and got a tattoo done for myself.
If you are thinking of getting a permanent tattoo done too, you could keep these few things in mind which helped me tremendously.
- Tattoos are like your birthmarks which will stay till you die( off course there are laser treatments today to remove the tattoo but who would want to go through that process), so choose one which you can carry for the rest of your life.
- Every tattoo has a significance. I didn't knew it until the person who did my tattoo told me this. Try to ink something which reflects you in the true sense.
- Try to get your tattoo done from a renowned person in the field who knows his art and not from any amateur to save a few bucks. Trust me there is a lot of difference in the end result of an expert and a novice.
- A common question I was asked after I got my tattoo done - DID IT HURT? My answer - Well, off course it did but nothing in comparison to the labour pains I took while delivering my daughter😉😉
- Post tattoo care - You just need to apply a lotion( similar to petroleum jelly) for a week or so and you are good to go.
Well...my tattoo shows my life's journey. Peacock feather tattoo signifies openness and honesty but for me it also happens to be my father's surname - Mor(in Hindi) and Kaira as you must have guessed, is the name of my daughter.
So, these were few things I thought would be of assistance if you are thinking of getting inked!!!
Do let me know if you found this useful under the comments section.
This is me signing off now.